All Things Mama E

Words of Wisdom

Mama E's Touch

Mama's Friends

Mama's Reads

Link to Mama E

Visitors

Credits

Sunday, June 18, 2006

THE RANT THAT IS MY RANT TODAY ON FATHER'S DAY

THE RANT THAT IS MY RANT TODAY ON FATHER’S DAY

I am basically an idiot when it comes to parts, technical. I falter and fall, and usually fail. I am the child genius that managed to get a ‘0 MINUS’ on an algebra test in Jr. H.S. because not only did I not get one correct answer, my test paper was also, SLOPPY. I confess that I don’t know a URL from my ASS. When I go to some of your marvelous Blog spaces, I can’t manage most of my wanna be spontaneous posts!

There I sit in awe of your creative genius, your illustrations, your photos, you some of you, even have music, and I am so awe struck, that I don’t know how to jump upon the merry-go-round and acknowledge you, so I sneak away in the night, or day, or morning or afternoon. I am a dodo when it comes to performance that I have no natural skills for…I do mean dodo, too – like a creature that is from another age, and is all but extinct, because of her own resistance to things that are in the words of Carl Jung, ‘sensation’ oriented. That is to say grounded on what is REAL and measurable in this universe. I can manage your abstractions, but don’t ask me to manage your THINGS! I am real for myself in the abstractions of thought, and intuition. Thanks to Wonder Woman, I’ve returned to my feelings, only don’t put me in charge of your money!

So please excuse me for what might appear to be my ignoring the myriad and marvelous spaces that you’ve opened to me by responding to my written words. Words that never would have been even written and posted if Miz B, hadn’t in her generous way taken me by the hand, and created my Blog by herself, and led me to this healing (for me) water hole! I by myself can’t even yet master and create those wonderful yellow, or other colored links!

I remember several years ago when I (who can play a mean game of Bridge by myself, on my own computer) ventured into my first Internet game, in my experience, and hurriedly vamoosed as I fumbled and failed at playing out a hand with a partner. Shortly afterwards I got an email from my brilliant daughter JR, who plays with the masters, “Mom, was that you?”…caught in my stupid act, I never went back!

So excuse me, Mother Hen, maps scare the shit out of me…I can’t even fold them back up, let alone READ them! To find California, and stick a pin in San Francisco is beyond my native ability, I swear! I was great at history in Social Studies, and a failure at Geography. Spatial relations, even simply where is north or south, forget East or West, are always lost on me. I am my own best Special Education Case!

This is by way of asking you all who have generously visited my space to excuse my failures to get back into meaningful communication with you each. I have discovered in my old age that I am a slow learner! The simple exchanges requiring following directions are frequently the ones that put me off. My short term memory goes first, then all semblance of organizational skills fly out the window!

I’m about to leave (on Thursday) for a 10 day vacation on the East Coast. My children and their children have put together a 70th birthday celebration for me. For the first time in many years all of my 5 children, their 5 spouses, and my 6 grandchildren are all going to be together to celebrate my birthday with me at the same time in the same place. I am so excited that I can hardly let myself think about it. I love to see my children and their children together in any combination. All together is a rarity.

The things in life that turn me on are more about relationship than anything else. I have been very fortunate in the communities that I have been part of in my lifetime. You, my Blogger community are the newest of those several communities that I’ve been fortunate to find myself to be a part of. So before I leave and while I’m in this mood, I want to claim my space among you and let you know I may not be back on the computer from Thursday on, until I return home on July 3rd. I hope to post another part of my attempt to capture the highlights of my growing up before I leave, and before I go I want to identify these parts of me.

I am a deeply committed Tibetan Buddhist. I am on a path to develop my ability to be unconditionally compassionate with all sentient beings of any leanings in this my life time. I am on a path to keep my heart and my mind open, and to end suffering for all sentient beings. I love my opening as The Electric Mama E, and I aspire to keep all lines open to bring reason and the reason in what would appear to be chaotic, whatever that means, to whomever it has meaning or not, in a world that might be chaotic from time to time, in its own multi disciplined unreasonable formation as it has the possibility always to change and support all beings to end suffering for all sentient beings in all times and in all present worlds with all their possible conditions. Love and hugs, Mama E

Wise Words by Anonymous :: 3:17 PM :: 3 Seekers of Truth

3 Comments:

At Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time with your children and grandchildren...it sounds like an incredible celebration. Happy birthday again!

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 12:13:00 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Dearest Mama E,

Hey, even when you rant your writing is a thing of beauty indeed! On my end, no need for explanations! Just enjoy this blogging experience and write away! We'll keep dropping by for sure!

I am beyond excited for you that you will get to see everyone in your family so soon! I know how much this means to you and how rare an occasion it is! Enjoy them to the fullest (which I know you will) and live it up! May you have an amazing trip my dearest Mama E!

I always loved that you were a Tibetan Buddhist! We even took refuge in the same school! I just don't call myself one because it feels like an insult to my Buddhist friends since there has been no time to study the dharma yet... though I must say I have been blessed with amazing teachers along the path of this oftentimes chaotic journey called life and the greatest of them all... well, any guesses as to who that might be? :-)

...I am on a path to keep my heart and my mind open, and to end suffering for all sentient beings....

You are more than doing your fair share of that! It is so hard to convey to those who have never experienced it the dark recesses of the human mind, the hopelessness prevalent and perhaps an underlying wish to simply whither away and die, to finally be done with it all... this all permeating soul exhaustion that seems to have no remedy... but not with you... you understood it all from the getgo and had words for a state that I thought could not be grasped nor described. Just last night Loverboy and I were talking about this journey (a mini meltdown was had by me you see, after a toxic and suffocating day over at my mother's) and how finally, I live my days with laughter and joy. I remember coming to you, during one of my "tune-ups" I think it was, to say that I was deliriously happy, that I was living my wildest dream being with the Loverboy and having the babies that I had, but that I still did not know how to be happy, how to live it and feel it and soak it up... I easily cried everyday and if I didn't cry then laughter and smiles were hard things to come by and now....

It takes a very gifted individual to be able to turn away such darkness, to reach those who are hidden away in the hardest to reach hiding place... inside the recesses of one's own mind... and you did it with me and I know, with countless others...

... forever... Thank you!

... and if anyone can change the world with that love and compassion that will do all Tibetans, Buddha, Padmasambhava... you name it... proud, it is you my dearest Mama E! Have a great and relaxing time with the family and I will hopefully talk to you when you get back! All my love to you and my dear Wonder Woman!

Me!

 
At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 8:05:00 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Yours is a beautiful voice in the blogsphere!
I'm very glad that our dear Miz B helped get you out there. We need you.

Have a great celebration with your family.

big hugs,
Laura

I would pin the map for you if you wish. My friend Arabella has had to move SF nearly up to Oregon because Doug and Terry are hogging the middle of the state :-)

 

Post a Comment

HOME

-------------------------------------


MAMA E'S DOMAIN... TREAD WITH CARE.